Saturday 15 June 2013

Day -- (69) - (Sledge)Hammer Time!

Taking advantage of there not being anyone on site and having access to a sledgehammer and pick-axe, offered me the opportunity to break up the concrete at the front of our house.
Of course it would have been a lot easier using a breaker but there was something quite therapeutic using brute force on an immovable surface. Or so I thought at the time. 
After the first few swings, it was evident that the concrete slab was a lot thicker than anticipated and it was going to take a bit longer than a couple of hours. After 3 hours of back breaking hammer wielding, this was the end result:

In some places, the concrete was 6 inches thick and embedded into the larger pieces of hardcore in the ground


This morning though, my body isn't feeling half as stiff as I had expected to feel, so weather permitting I may just crack on with what's left.

Happy Saturday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment